Design Internship (Anthem, Inc)
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Anthem’s Digital Platforms Group (formerly Anthem.AI) is looking for a summer design intern for 2022. This is an exceptional opportunity to grow your skillset and portfolio doing innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health care companies, and a Fortune Top 50 Company. You’ll dive deep into new spaces – understanding clinical users and patient’s needs, workflows, motivations and how things work in the users’ realities. You love to explore a wide range of concepts and work collaboratively with teammates to quickly iterate, validate, and refine ideas together. You’re an organized, flexible, and motivated self-starter, comfortable iterating quickly and viewing constraints as creative opportunities.
Design students should have a portfolio/reel that demonstrates:
- Strong visualization skills for quickly generating, iterating, and visually pitching your ideas as concept sketches, storyboards, etc. You must be as strong with a pencil or marker as you are with a mouse.
- Strong foundational design skills that show you can work with complex visual information and maintain awareness for information hierarchy, flow and context, including states and transitions.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a robust toolbox with:
- A breadth of artistic/design styles
- Flexibility in your ability to work at the appropriate level of visual fidelity (thumbnailing, sketching, wireframing, designing and polishing).
- Ability to remain faithful to project’s creative direction regardless of style, technology, platform or user demographics.
- Proven problem-solving skills, ability to break a design project into steps, excellent organization and communication abilities
You must be in 3rd year of undergrad or 1st first year of Masters (Graduation date between January 2023 to May 2024) at an accredited design program in either Graphic, Interaction, Industrial or Product Design, Game Design, Motion Graphics, Medical Illustration, Scientific Visualization, User Experience or equivalent.